About Kittyko Music
Kittyko is Kris Kitko, licensed teacher, private music instructor, recording artist, performer, and curriculum developer.
Kittyko Music & Education is private instruction and tutoring offered by Kittyko (Kris Kitko). Students creatively reach across the curriculum to fully engage as learners. In addition to the option to study music in a traditional "music lesson" format, students can:
- Combine language arts & music composition to create slideshows or short films with original soundtracks
- Use technology to write original compositions that can be printed & shared
- Compose music for original short podcasts featuring poetry or stories
- Learn how to use technology to share creative works with others in a variety of formats
- Share (perform) music at community events, such as the Bismarck Street Fair, Designer Genes Buddy Walk, Dakota West Arts Council's Kids Summer Stage, and literally hundreds of opportunities
ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE PART OF MUSIC LESSON TIME--NO EXTRA CHARGE.
In the schools:
At residencies, workshops, and conferences, Kittyko shares ideas and activities with teachers and students. Music and sound help us teach and learn in all content areas--you don't need to be a musician or music teacher to be creative with music and sound in the classroom! Incorporating these ideas in many aspects of instruction also helps educators with classroom management.